Most challenging position at one of the most prominent high ranking research and development institutes
VBSearch is a close partner of this world leading research performer around nanoelectronics. With its top level scientific knowledge and extensive global partnerships, they deliver industry-relevant technology solutions in a unique high-technology environment with a blend of absolute international top talent around offices in the Netherlands, China, Belgium, US, India and Japan.
As part of their industry services, one of their departments supports the industry in the development of high quality, reliable and cost-effective electronic modules by means of knowledge creation and sharing, scientifically sound methodologies and collaboration throughout the electronic supply chain through Science Based Methods. This department’s core business is industrial and scientific knowledge on component Package, Printed Circuit Board and Assembly, Technology & Reliability.
For this department we now have a temporary position for a flexible and driven researcher. Depending on your background and interest, you can be involved in topics around:
- Analysis and modeling of failure mechanisms of electronics
- Design-for-eXcellence: modeling of component package, electronic substrate (PCB ) and electronic assembly technology properties related to manufacturability, reliability, testability, cost, etc.
- Failure and reliability statistics
- Electronic component technology especially non-ICs: passives, batteries, connectors,…
- Thermo-mechanical stress analysis using Finite Element Modeling
- You have a PhD degree with research background ( Post DOC) in at least of one of the mentioned areas: ( Electronics, Material Sciences and Physics, Mechanics, Chemistry, simulation techniques). A multi-disciplinary background is a big plus;
- You are a self-starter and independent in your research in cooperation with a project leader;
- You are eager to learn and are able to adapt quickly to changes
- Your attitude is flexible as it might be required to interface with internal customers and partners;
- Well-developed English communication skills are required for communicating with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world;
- You live in the Belgium Netherlands region or are willing to relocate;
Offer: This opportunity offers you a most challenging position at one of the most prestigious research and development institutes in an international, interdisciplinary team. This is an opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on the society of tomorrow. The numeration is attractive and offer social services, such as a temporary accommodation and relocation support if necessary.
Interested: Please send your application including your Curriculum Vitae (English) to: Paul.van.Beurden@VBSearch.nl . Do not hesitate to mail or call for more details: +31 – (0) 6 223 96 397.