Leading Software Architect consulting top clients, managing colleague engineering professionals for efficient introduction and implementation of advanced technical software architecture.
Location: Netherlands with focus Eindhoven ( Brainport) region
Our client is a leading and reliable partner with an increasing key system integrator role in one of the smartest High Technology supply chains of the world. As an innovative technology partner they support leading high tech companies in the development and manufacturing of multidisciplinary technology systems. With a highly skilled workforce of around 800 dedicated engineers they nowadays consult, support and act as the research and development department of their customers, creating the tools the industry needs to achieve its goals and taking on the toughest challenges.
- You are involved in consulting and implementing new advanced durable and sustainable software architectures. You are the technical manager who makes high-level software design choices and steers best-in-class solutions and services around technical software standards, including processes, tools, and platforms;
- Interfacing with developers, project managers and business experts, you willidentify and interact with stakeholders at multiple clients in Machine Building, Power & Water, Oil & Gas, Aviation, Energy Management and Healthcare;
- You will also be part of the strategic key account project team, cooperating to meet a shared goal against challenging constraints facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together, making sure that the right technical choices are made;
- You will translate the technical reality of today and the required reality of tomorrow, initiating in-house repeatable frameworks in a set of evolutionary yet realistic and achievable deliverables for the development teams;
- You take full project’s lifecycle responsibility when it comes to technical directions, choices are implemented in the right way, software and system architectures are in synchronization and documented;
- You manage risk identification and risk migration strategies associated with the architecture;
- You develop executable road maps for new technology insertion, competence management plans and drive a vision for technical software architecture utilization across the company relevant verticals;
- By attending relevant events, networking with key opinion leaders at universities and research centres, you stay updated with newest developments understanding the evolutionary paths;
- You will be a technical leader of a group of professionals accessing and managing competences, working together to lift their know-how to new levels, making sure to be prepared for projects today and challenges ahead;
- You are a main contributor to their Master class ‘Academy’ for young graduates.
- Master Science Degree ( Technical Embedded software is plus);
- Background in complex solid technology industries such as machine building ( semiconductor production is strong pre), medical equipment, gas turbines, aircraft, aerospace systems, subsea oil and gas equipment or wind farms;
- More than 12 + years in technical software development in embedded systems for complex high-end multidisciplinary equipment;
- Experienced with full life cycle development (scoping, estimation, planning, tracking and delivering) and setting up software development environment;
- For leading and motivating well-educated professionals, you show team leader skills. We expect you to have project leader experience (25 FTE);
- You have experience with a variety of methods, platforms, products and tools: V-model, Agile, Scrum, Model Driven design, Software architectures (patterns), open source software development, UML;
- Strong communication skills (diplomacy) with pragmatic attitude is required for discussing and explaining architectures in an convincing way with different stakeholders and have these architectures adopted and implemented. You know how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion;
- Proficient in the Dutch and English language.
Offer:This opportunity offers you an excellent technical management career step, working together in a professional way in an informal environment with plenty of opportunities for personal ( Leader) development. Competitive terms of employment ( including company car) and career opportunities are offered.
Interested: Please mail your application including your resume (English) to: Paul.van.Beurden@VBSearch.nl. Do not hesitate to mail or call for more details: +31 – (0) 6 223 96 397.